Do you have an idea for a TV show or movie that needs to get on the darn page? Or a half-written script that needs to be finished? Whether you are already working in the film industry and want to take your career to the next level, or you are just starting out, this course will help you get your work ready to launch.
The Decatur Writers Studio presents a day-long workshop on Saturday, May 4th, where you will cultivate your narrative, visual voice through rigorous writing exercises, script study, and in-class workshops. We will review the basic tenants of screenwriting and explore tools that will help you deepen plot, strengthen characters, and intensify dialogue so your stories jump off the page!
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Construct meaningful, entertaining cinematic plot development;
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of screenwriting vocabulary;
- Understand how to harvest and employ creative ideas;
- Utilize a broad spectrum of writing tools including time writings, plot construction, character development, dialogue formation, and long form re-writing;
- Translate ideas into a cinematically engaging, visually compelling story that engages the audience;
-Write well-crafted stories.
Class Limit is 12
Date(s): Saturday, May 4th
Class time: 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Type of Class: Six-Hour Seminar with Catered Lunch.